- Location: Houston, Texas
IPL Photofacial Skin Rejuvenation Specialist
Certification Course 8 Hrs. (4 online self-paced & 4 Hands-on Training)
The IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and Broad Band Light (BBL) Photo-facial Skin Rejuvenation treatments are non-invasive medical cosmetic procedures used to treat wrinkle reduction, blemishes, scarring, reducing pore size, rosacea, spider veins, age spots, and sunspots. Qualifying candidates that may be treated must have skin type within Fitzpatrick scale I, II and lighter III. Dark skin is not a candidate for an IPL procedure.
This course is a blended self-paced online and in-person practice certification course that provides didactic lectures and hands-on practice of IPL Photo-facial Skin Rejuvenation procedures. Students will have access to extensive online videos and training, through comprehensive course materials, as well as a scheduled in-person hands-on practice class to obtain the skills required. At the completion of the course, an examination will be administered. The examination will consist of a total of 20 multiple questions.
* The student may be required to bring a model for the hands-on practice portion of the class to attain hands-on experience. *
Course Hours: 8 hrs. total (4 hrs. self-paced online lecture with chapter skills assessments / 4 hrs. in-person hands-on practice)
Requirements for completion of the course:
· 95% of total course hours
· Score a passing mark on the final examination of at least 80%.
· Students must demonstrate competency in IPL procedures through in-person hands-on practice.
A certificate from the Glow N Slim Aesthetic as an IPL Photofacial Skin Rejuvenation Specialist will be awarded with the completion of the course.
Upon completion of the training in the IPL Photo-facial Skin Rejuvenation course, the student will be able to apply the theory, science, and practice for these skin treatments to achieve safe and effective treatments using an IPL Laser machine.
Main Skills to Be Learned:
1. Client qualification and consultation
3. Laws, Rules, and Regulations
4. Skin Anatomy
6. Application technique practice of IPL Photo-facial
7. Pre and post-treatment considerations
8. Post-treatment complications
9. Best Practice considerations
This Course Includes:
1. Online video lectures (Self-paced)
2. In-person, hands-on training and practice
3. All course materials in PDF format, forms, documents, and agreements.
4. Chapter skills assessments to check understanding of key course concepts.
5. Insights on effective methods for building a successful practice.
6. A certification as an IPL Photofacial Skin Rejuvenation Specialist from the Glow N Slim Aesthetic
1. The minimum age for admissions is at least 18 years at the date of application.
2. Students must have attained a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
3. Proficiency in English and/or Spanish for Spanish-instructed courses.
4. Students that have an esthetician license, physicians, physician assistants, or nurses.
5. Students that will be performing IPL procedures under the delegation of a Medical Director.
Special Price Total: $395.00
A $200.00 deposit payment is required when enrolling to grant students access to the online portion of the course (lectures and assessments).
A $195.00 balance payment is due once the students successfully complete the online portion and are ready to schedule and reserve an available date for the in-person hands-on training. The students will have access to the course calendar to be able to choose a date and time.
*NOTE: The remainder balance of the full tuition fee must be paid to proceed with scheduling.